Official Contest Rules
‘Primex Strong’ Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSOR: The Primex Strong Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Primex, 20160 92A avenue, Langley, BC, Canada, V1M 3A4 (the “Sponsor”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, and of Canada, excluding Quebec, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) in the province/state or territory of residence and are employed as a smart home integrator as defined by the Sponsor. Contest is only open to customers and prospective customers of Sponsor’s product. Not open to the general public. With the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, franchisees, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- CONTEST DATES AND TIMES: The Contest begins on September 1, 2019 at 9:00:00 a.m. PST, and ends on February 28, 2020 at 12:00:00 p.m. PST (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted (collectively, the “Contest Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, you can enter online at www.primex.com/strong or in-booth at select Primex tradeshows and follow the instructions to receive one (1) entry into the Contest.. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s servers record the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit 1 entry per person.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive license to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected entrants. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- CONTEST PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARV”): There are a total of 25 prizes available to be won consisting of; (12) shirts (ARV $13.5 CAD; $10USD), (6) tool kits (ARV $195CAD; $150USD), (5) gift cards (ARV $50CAD/USD), (1) speaker (ARV $600CDA; $500USD), and (1) grand prize motorcycle (ARV $19,000CAD; $15,238USD). Harley-Davidson Motor Company is not endorsing, sponsoring, or otherwise affiliated with this promotion.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this promotion or use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at time of award.
All prize details not listed herein shall be determined by sponsor in its sole discretion. Gift cards are subject to the terms, conditions, and restrictions set by the issuer.
Additional Grand Prize Terms: Prize excludes freight, handling, tax, title, and license charges. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of motorcycle from dealership designated by Sponsor. Motorcycle will be delivered with standard equipment; any upgrades and options may not be available and would be at the sole expense of the winner. Color, package, factory options, and other specifics to be determined by Sponsor and are subject to availability, and any upgrades to any of the foregoing will be winner’s sole expense. Winner may be required to have proof of a valid U.S. driver’s license from their state or place of residence in the United States to take delivery of motorcycle; failure to show same would result in prize forfeiture. Winner will be responsible for all optional equipment, title, license, insurance, and registration fees required in claiming the motorcycle, applicable taxes as well as all other expenses relating to the receipt and use of the motorcycle, including any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the motorcycle. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner. Winner will be provided instructions to obtain his/her motorcycle. Winner must take delivery of vehicle within the time frame specified by the Sponsor or will forfeit such portion of the prize. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute package, trim level, options or model year for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the motorcycle including but not limited to its quality, fitness for purpose or mechanical condition. All other costs not specifically stated herein as being awarded are the responsibility of the winner.
- ODDS OF WINNING: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- SKILL TESTING QUESTION: Selected Entrants residing in Canada will be required, as a condition to winning a Prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or email.
- WINNER SELECTION AND CONFIRMATION: On Saturday, September 14, 2019, at the CEDIA expo in Denver, Colorado, the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received prior to September 14 and select the one (1) potential winner (“Selected Entrant”) of the speaker.
Additionally, on each Friday of the Contest Period, at Primex, 20160 92A avenue, Langley, BC, Canada, V1M 3A4 (“Draw Date”) the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received prior to that Friday to select the Selected Entrant for the)shirt, tool kit, and gift card prizes. Weekly winner will be excluded from further winning.
On February 28, 2020 at noon p.m. PST at Primex, 20160 92A avenue, Langley, BC, Canada, V1M 3A4 (“Draw Date”), the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received and select the one (1) potential grand prize winner (also a “Selected Entrant”). A Selected Entrant will be deemed a winner if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules, if they correctly answer the skill question (if a Canadian resident), and if they comply with all other requirements set forth in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet all criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, a Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question (Canadian residents only); (ii) complete, sign, and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form within one (1) week of attempted winner notification; and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within two (2) business days of the draw and will be contacted via phone and/or email provided at the time of entry into the Contest, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and up to three attempts will be made within five (5) days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept the Prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor’s signed release form must be received by Sponsor no later than 1 week after notification. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response or documents.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder (the individual assigned to the e-mail address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with the selected entry.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: All taxes on prizes and other expenses related to accepting and/or using prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be responsible for income tax, local taxes and insurance. Winner must provide necessary documents to title and register motorcycle and motorcycle must be titled to Winner. Please allow up to three (3) months for delivery of Grand Prize. Potential Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute and return a IRS Form W9. The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form to: (i) confirm compliance with the Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of the Entry by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of the Prize as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by an entrant with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize and the use of the Entry by Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Declaration and Release forms; (iv) injury or damage to the entrant’s computer or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of the Entry by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer “hackers” or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- OTHER CONDITIONS: The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
Publicity and entrant information: By participating in the Contest, except where prohibited by law, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, postal code, telephone number, social media handles, comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of this Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
Law: The Contest is void in Quebec and where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia and shall exclude the province of Quebec, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, BC.
Rule amendments: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
Intellectual Property: All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited. The Sponsor’s marketing or other partners, if any, shall also have access to and rights to reproduce, copy or otherwise use any materials generated by this Contest or any submissions or materials generated by entrants.
For a list of Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Primex, 20160 92A avenue, Langley, BC, Canada, V1M 3A4. Requests must be received by April 1, 2020.
© Primex 2019. All Rights Reserved.